Architecture courses are generally a combination of engineering topics, arts and technology essential to the field. And a masters in architecture is indeed a big step.
For M.arc admission in India, the candidate is expected to have a bachelors degree in architecture and also a qualified score in competitive exams like GATE and CEED. Different types of masters programmes are available after architecture and M.arc is the most recognized and popular masters degree in architecture.
Master's in architecture is earned after a vigorous journey of internships, several projects, exams, other professional accreditation.
Pursuing masters in India is also equally valid as universities abroad and here is a list of the top 5 colleges in India with respect to the NIRF ranking:
1. Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT ), Kharagpur, West Bengal
2. Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT ), Roorkee, Uttarakhand
3. National Institute of Technology ( NIT ), Calicut, Kerala
4. Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
5. School of planning and architecture (SPA), New Delhi
“As an architect, you design for the present, with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown” - Norman Foster.